Kimagure Orange College
"Kimagure Orange College", or KOC for short, is the sequel TV series (well, a
screenplay for sequel TV series) to "Kimagure Orange Road" (KOR), a
highly influential animated TV series (based on a comic book series by Matsumoto
Izumi), aired on Japanese TV in 1987-88.
This fan-fict series is based on the characters in Kimagure Orange Road. It is
intended to take place after the movie, "I Want to Return to that Day", and follow
the characters Kasuga Kyosuke and Ayukawa Madoka as they start the next phase of
their lives in college.
If you missed the previous episodes, notes about the new characters and previous
events are listed after the ending credits. In addition, previous episodes are
available at the
One thing I would like to say up front: although I have graduated from college, my
experience is in the American college system and culture. The span of my experience
in the Japanese advanced education system is limited to watching anime, pen pals, and
research. Any mistakes, inconsistencies, etc. are neither intentional nor are they
meant to show disrespect for the Japanese education system. In fact, I would
appreciate any constructive criticisms, corrections, and insight any readers might
Newly revised older episodes (version 2) are denoted by [v2].
- Who's Who for the series.
Episode 1 - Brave New World [v2]
- Kasuga and Ayukawa move to Butsumetsu University.
Episode 2 - New Names, New Faces [v2]
- Kasuga and Ayukawa's first days of school. They meet the majority of the cast
during this episode.
Episode 3 - Take Me Out to the Ball Game [v2]
- The first ball game of the year. The first homework assignment of the year.
The first calamity of the year.
Episode 4 - Hurricanes Sometimes Strike Twice [v2]
- Akane uses all means at her disposal to chase Kimura away from Kasuga, with
Episode 5 - Don't Drink the Water
- Fujimoto throws a party for the tenants and their friends.
Almost everyone drinks the punch that Kasuga made, and then the party really takes off.
Episode 6 - Foul-mouthed Fowl
- Kasamatsu leaves his foul-mouthed parrot with Kasuga. Naturally, disaster strikes.
Episode 7 - Mystery Gift
- Everyone is having a surprise birthday party for Kimura.
Akane offers to help Kasuga, and things backfire.
Episode 8 - A Day in the Life
- Hayashibara plays tennis for the first time, Butsumetsu
beats Keio in baseball and Ayukawa has her birthday.
Episode 9 - Girls' Night Out
- The girls decide to get together for the evening. However,
they end up getting mixed up with car thieves and have the most
exciting night of their lives.
Episode 10 - Night of a Thousand Voices
- The guys go camping, only to find out that the woods are haunted.
Episode 11 - Whose Baby is it?
- Kasuga believes he's to blame for Kimura's peculiar condition.
Episode 12 - First Date
- Kimura and Hayashibara go out on a date, but it turns out that they are being followed....
Episode 13 - Calamity Kid
- Kasuga promises to look after Eiji. However, Eiji runs off on Kasuga who is forced
to search for him.
Episode 14 - The Dangerous Blind Date
- Saito goes plans to go on a date with a Chun-Li he met over
the internet. "Instead", he runs into Yoko.
Episode 15 - Hayashibara Declares! Premonition of a Rival
- Kasuga has a dream of Ayukawa declaring her love to a man in a
white tuxedo. Kasuga assumes this man is Hayashibara and decides to follow them.
Episode 16 - Stage Fright! Two Presentations of Confusion
- Both Kimura and Ikemoto have presentations to make. However,
Kasuga gets them mixed up on the way back from the printer.
Episode 17 - Samurai Kyosuke! Madoka of the Past
- Kasuga time-trips to medieval Japan. There he meets a ronin who looks just like
Episode 18 - A Footnote in History
- Continued from the previous episode. Kasuga must foil Akumu's plot to kill the
Shogun and Fujiwara.
Episode 19 - Unexpected Date! The Jester and the Princess
- Kasamatsu manages to get Kimura to go out on a date with him.
However, he is unable to stop doing his practical jokes.
Episode 20 - Broken Heart to Dream
- Yukari and Shu show up in town for a gig at the Club Noir. However, Yukari refuses
Episode 21 - The Stranger in No. 4
- Hayashibara invites Ayukawa and Kasuga out for supper. Tanaka uses this opportunity
to misdirect Kasuga as his first step towards winning Ayukawa.
Episode 22 - Hardball! For the Pride of Seishun-kan
- Egami drafts the residents of the boarding house and their friends to
defend his honor in an amateur baseball tournament against an old rival.
Episode 23 - The Mysterious Christmas Gift
- Kasuga can't decide what to give Ayukawa for Christmas.
A mysterious stranger appears and gives him the perfect gift.
Episode 24 - I Can't Return to That Day
- Kasuga and Ayukawa return to their home town to celebrate Shogatsu / New Year with
the family. While they are home, they come face-to-face with Hikaru for the first time
since the breakup.
Episode 25 - Power-switching Pendant
- The grandparents pay Kasuga a visit at his dorm room. As they are
leaving, Grandpa accidentally leaves behind a magic pendant that Kasuga
mistakenly gives to Kimura.
Episode 26 - All the World's a Stage
- Akane rehearses and performs her role in the school drama, but
calamities arise, forcing her to take a hard look at her choices in school and life.
Episode 27 - Three's a Crowd
- Ayukawa and Kasuga go out on a trip to the mountains, while Sakurai
takes Kimura on a date. However, both couples end up bring along unexpected guests.
Episode 28 - Kasamatsu's Haunted House
- Kasamatsu's grandfather leaves him a large sum of money. However, he
must spend the night in the old family manor to collect.
Episode 29 - Friends and Remembrances
- The new college semester begins with a reunion of old friends, new
acquaintances, and a big surprise for Kasuga.
Episode 30 - Remember Me
- Continued from the previous episode. Kasuga gets to spend one day with a long-lost
Episode 31 - All That Jazz
- Ayukawa takes the group out to listen to a jazz concert. As they enjoy
the night, they talk about their lives, hopes, and dreams.
Episode 32 - The Proof
- Kimura finds herself in a complicated situation, unsure of what to do,
and asks for Ayukawa and Kasuga to help her.
Episode 33 - The Paper Chase
- Kasuga is assigned to do a personal interview with Hayashibara. But when a
mysterious letter suggests that Ayukawa might be having second thoughts about their
relationship, he tries to find out who sent the letter.
Episode 34 - Keiko's Fairy Tale, Part 1
- When Eiji comes down with the flu, Kimura volunteers to babysit for him. To
pass the time, Kimura spins a fairy tale, using her friends as the main characters.
Episode 35 - Keiko's Fairy Tale, Part 2
- Continued from the previous episode. Kimura continues her fairy tale as the audience
grows larger and larger.
Episode 36 - Topsy-turvy
- Hayashibara, Kasuga, Ayukawa, Saito, Kasamatsu, and Oda go on a short vacation in
Nikko. But when Kasuga tries to arrange a moment alone with Ayukawa, he gets more than
he bargained for.
Episode 37 - Rhapsody in Orange
- Concludes the Nikko vacation; the friends split into three groups, each going through
their own experiences.
Episode 38 - Matchmaker, Matchmaker
- Oda gives romantic advice to the Miyasato twins, only to find that "going for it"
can cause problems.
Episode 39 - Kasuga's Island
- Hayashibara invites several friends on a fishing cruise that leads to unexpected disaster.
Episode 40 - Vice-Versa
- Akane is forced to help Kazuya when he has a head-to-head confrontation with Ikemoto.
Episode 41 - Vice-Versa, Part 2
- Continues from the previous episode. Ikemoto and Kasuga try to deal with making friends, corporate intrigue, and English verbs.
Episode 42 - Kasuga's Island, Part 2
- Continues from episode 39. Kasuga, Ayukawa, and the rest of the gang try to rescue themselves. Also, fan service.
This page is a mirror of the page Vladimir Zelevinsky created to replace the main KOC page after it was lost on the web. All credit for this page goes to him.
This page is mirrored with permission. The original page is here.