From: Jang Choe <[email-masked]>

Bile Studio's
24 Caprices:
Caprice #1.
by Jang Choe

     Ah, the nice, fresh morning air, I stretched and went out to 
go to school. I liked school. It wasn't because I liked studying, it
was because of Ayukawa. I always looked forward to seeing her every
day. I inhaled deeply as I began to walk to school. Then I heard a
familiar screech.

     "Darrrlinggg!"

     I turned to see what I expected to see, Hikaru. I gave a huge,
idiotic grin as she hugged me tight. 
     
     "Darling, will you walk me to school today?" She asked.
     
     I put my hand behind my head and laughed, "Of course, Hikaru."
     
     "Waaahhhh thank you, Darrrling!"
     
     I felt her embrace me tighter and noticed some people staring at 
us. I wished she stopped doing this in public.

     I arrived at school with Hikaru still hanging off of my arm. A 
few of my classmates stared and a few others laughed amongst
themselves.

     Hikaru then hugged me tight.
     
     "Darling, we have to separate now. I wish that I was in the same 
grade as you so I can always be with you."
     
     "Uh yea, me too."
     
     "Oh Darling, I'm so happy you said that!" Then she held me 
tighter. "I'll be thinking of you all day today in class."

     Then she ran off to class, turning back with a huge, sweet 
smile. I gave my usual idiotic grin and went to my class.

     The class was filled with mind numbing chatter until the 
teacher came in. The teacher's name was Mr. Takazawa. A really tough
as nails physics teacher.

     Takazawa had his hair parted on the side as always. You can see 
his small ratty nose that was supporting his black-framed spectacles.
Takazawa was medium build and he always wore this tan suit to our
class.

     "All right everyone," Takazawa said as he picked up a piece 
of chalk. "You know that we have that big test tomorrow on
Mechanics."

     Test? Oh no! I completely forgot about that big test! I didn't 
even look over my notes. I frowned and looked at Ayukawa, she looked
back and gave a small frown that a mother gives to her children when
they bring home a bad paper. She always seemed to know what type of
trouble I was in. She motioned me subtly to pay attention, so I
quickly did.

     " . . . So this test will have twenty five questions. All of 
each are free answer problem questions. No multiple choice, no fill
in the blank, no true false, or any other problems like that."

     Takazawa paused and took out his book and flipped to a page. 
"Here is an example what what you'll see, on page thirty two. a car
driver, A, traveling relative to the earth at 105 km/hr on a
straight, level road, is ahead of motorcycle officer, B, traveling in
the same direction at 125 km/hr. What is the velocity of B relative
to A? Find the same quantity if B is ahead of A."

     I wondered when we learned this junk. Takazawa couldn't of 
taught this when I was here. 

     "No no wait," Takazawa said. Ha, I knew he didn't teach it. 
"this is too easy. If you can't get this, forget about passing this
class. Let me give you an example of a harder problem."

     I dug my head into my desk and sobbed, "What am I going to do?!" 
I continued sobbing till I remembered something-- Ayukawa! She always
helped me when my studies were in trouble. I'll ask her to help me
study today. Heh, just the two of us, all alone.

     Then I remembered something else-- Hikaru. Damnit, I continued
sobbing as Takazawa continued his damned Physics problems.

     After school, me and Hikaru went to the Abcb. Ayukawa working 
there is the primary reason why I always go there. The food is always
good, but the way Ayukawa serves the food makes it taste so much more
different.

     As we went in, we were greeted by Master and he gave us some ice
cream on the house.

     "Darling! I heard you have a hard test tomorrow!" Hikaru said.
     
     "Uh yeah, I do," I said.
     
     "Wow! What a coincidence! I have a test tomorrow also! We can 
study together!"
     
     "Ummm," I stammered and saw Ayukawa giving me that frown again.
"Yeah, sure, but why not invite Ayukawa along as well? I'm sure she
can help us study."

     Then Ayukawa came over to us and said, "No thanks, I wouldn't 
want to burden you guys."

     "That's a good idea darling! I heard you have a good grade in 
the class Madoka," Hikaru said. "Maybe you can help darling out."

     "Well . . . I really don't want to be any trouble."
     
     "Oh that's okay, please?"
     
     Ayukawa, after pausing for a few seconds, gave her forced 
smile, "If you insist, Hikaru."

     Hikaru gave her usual enthusiastic joy as we ate. The phone 
rang, and Master picked up the phone. It was for Ayukawa-- strange,
she usually don't get many phone calls.

     That got me curious, I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I 
asked for Ayukawa's forgiveness under my breath and listened in. 

     "Hello?" Madoka said, taking the phone. "Oh hi! How are you Oh? 
You're coming today? Where are you now? Uh huh, the train station.
Okay, I'll be there. Oh, he wants to talk to me? Ummm . . . . " Then
she turned to my direction. I quickly went back eating the ice
cream.

     " . . . Sure. Is that you, Makoto? How are you?! Yeah, I bet 
you're still cute as ever. Yeah, I remember, we had a lot of fun. You
have any girlfriends? No? I know I know, you like me better than any
of the girls. Of course I still love you! Okay, bye bye." She then
smiled and hanged up the phone.

     "Hikaru, Kyosuke," Ayukawa said. "I'm sorry, some guests are 
coming over to my house today, and I have to pick them up at the
train station. I'm afraid I won't make it to the study session
tonight. Sorry." 

     "Ummm, that's okay, Madoka. I guess me and Darling can handle 
it." 

     I just sat there in silence. Forget about worrying about that 
test, I have to figure out who that guy she was talking to was. She
loved him? Asked him if he had a girl friend? It must be her old boy
friend. Her ex is probably coming back to reclaim her love. Ayukawa
sounded like she was glad to hear from him too. No, I knew I should
of dumped Hikaru. I want Ayukawa damnit! Oh man what should I do?

     "Kyosuke, your ice cream is melting. What's wrong?" 

     "Huh? Oh nothing Ayukawa, I was worrying about that test 
tomorrow."

     "Don't worry, I bet you can Hikaru will do a great job. Well, I 
have to go to the train station to meet them. See ya."

     Then she left. It would probably take about twenty minutes to go 
to the train station from bus. Quickly I devised a plan. I had to go
there and stop him from getting too acquainted with Ayukawa. I can
always teleport back and fourth from Hikaru to Ayukawa.

     "Master, can we study here?" Hikaru said.

     "Sure Hikaru." 

     Hmmm, I think I'll go to the train station right now to see what 
the boy looks like. I got up and told Hikaru I was going to the
bathroom. As I went in, I checked if anyone was around and teleported
to one of the stalls of the bathroom in the train station.

     As I fizzed into existence and noticed that the door to the 
stall was open. And a lady walked by and noticed me. I was in the
women's bathroom! Crap! I high tailed out of there with some cursing
from the women. 

     After I caught my breath, I looked around. This is ridiculous, 
there is no way I'll know who can be Ayukawa's old boy friend. This
guy named Makoto. I guess I have to wait for Ayukawa to arrive so I
can see what he looks like.

     As I was waiting, I remembered Hikaru! Oh man, she must be 
wondering what was going on. I quickly went into the MEN's restroom
and teleported back to Abcb.

     Those two teleportation did something to me as I felt tired. I 
went over to Hikaru and apologized. "I think I had something bad in
the school cafeteria. Sorry, now about that test."

     "But darling! You ate MY lunch!" Hikaru said with some 
disappointment.
     
     I quickly thought up another excuse. "Uh, I think it was because 
of the water I drank with your lunch. I don't think it was your lunch
that made me sick."

     "Oh, you're so nice, Darling!" She said as she hugged me.

     I studied with Hikaru as I kept an eye on the clock on the wall. 
Twenty minutes has passed, and Ayukawa was about to arrive at the
train station soon! 
     
     "Umm Hikaru . . . ."

     "Yes, Darling?"

     "I need to be excused for a moment. Sorry."

     "Really Darling, next time, I should bring you a drink too."

     I did my teleportation shebang and arrived at the train station. 
This time, the right bathroom. Well, maybe not.

     "It's that pervert again!"

     "Get him!"
     
     I yelled various sorrys and ran out as fast as I could from the 
bathroom. Now, after three teleportations and my recent retreat, I
was tired, dead tired. Then I spotted Ayukawa. What luck. I saw her
walking away, so I silently followed her. After a few minutes of
following, a guy came over to her and kissed her in the mouth! I was
heart broken, and she didn't approve of me and Hikaru doing that in
public. My heart dropped to my stomach, and I was about to leave when
I realized that Ayukawa was not her. It was someone else that looked
like her. I sighed with relief and did my searching again.

     Then I finally found her-- hugging a guy, probably that Makoto 
guy, who was a little older than she was. I looked carefully this
time to make sure, and sure enough, it was Ayukawa. This time, my
heart broke for real, I didn't want this to happen. It could of been
me she was hugging, not that older guy. Sure, Hikaru was nice, but, I
Ayukawa is nicer. I was about to give up when I clenched my fist. I
won't give up. I would tell Ayukawa how I feel tomorrow. No, I'll
march right up to her, in front of her boyfriend and tell her right
there and then.

     I suddenly realized that Ayukawa was coming towards my 
direction. I quickly turned and walked away, hoping not to be
noticed. Then I heard, "Kyosuke?"

      I didn't dare turn, because if I did, it would blow my cover.
So I walked a little faster.
     
     She called out to me a couple more times, and put her hand on my 
shoulder as if to turn me around. I closed my eyes, and my mind was
working furiously to think of an excuse. Then out of nowhere I heard,
"Aunt Madoka, I'm hungry!"

     Then the hand left my shoulder.

     "Umm, well, there is a ice cream stand over there. You want 
some?" I heard Ayukawa say.

     I turned slightly and saw Ayukawa, the older guy, an older 
woman, and a little kid holding Ayukawa's hand going towards the
ice cream stand. I gave a smile of relief.

     I teleported back to Abcb. Hikaru must be worried about me, for  
being away so long. It didn't matter, because I could study without
worry. That is, if I could study. I fell asleep from exhaustion of
teleporting four times.

     When I awoke, it was 10:00 PM. I groaned and saw a note book 
with a post-it note attached to it. The note was from Hikaru saying
that she had to go home and left me to sleep. Then I opened the
notebook, and a little message was written by Ayukawa, "Here Kyosuke,
you're lucky that my little nephew Makoto wanted some ice cream. You
need these class notes more than I do. Have fun cramming. :) 
     Love, Madoka."

-fin

Author's notes.
first story of the 24 Caprices KOR stories I'm doing for the heck of
it. Why 24? Because I want to follow Paganini's composition for a
gimmick. I don't think listening to the 24 Caprices will do anything
for the story, except for provide some background music. When's #2
coming out? When I feel like writing and finishing it. If you want to
write one of the caprices for this, please e-mail me. I don't think I
can think of 24 capricious things to write about. Of course, If I get
too many requests, I have to kick some of you out so I can have some
spot in the limelight :)
Comments and Flames to ----->  [email-masked]     
1/03/97

-- 
Comic Book Guy: Question! Is your name Ridley Scott or James Cameron?

Homer: No, it's Homer.

Comic Book Guy: Then I will thank you stop peering at my screen play Homer,
and if I see a movie where computers threaten our personal liberties I will
know you stole my idea.